Why you must start building your writer’s platform right now
Writers must embrace social media to create and promote their own brand. A writer’s platform can be your shortcut to a ready audience when you are ready to publish your book.
The most successful independent writers achieve success through a combination of great writing AND a great writer’s platform. Writers like Hugh Howey, Jeff Goins and Joanna Penn have achieved success because they’ve painstakingly built their own writer’s platforms, continually engaging with their audience and sharing quality advice.
So, if you’re considering writing and self-publishing an eBook you have to put equal energy into building and maintaining your writer’s platform.
That’s because no one else is going to do it for you. If you’re an indie publisher that’s YOUR gig.
In this podcast, Geoff Hughes talks platform. Why you need it. How you build it and why they WILL come if you do it right.
- Why blogging is the centre of your platforms universe
- Stealing marketers tactics to grow your tribe
- How twitter will engage you with writers all over the world
- Using youtube to promote your book
- Why you shouldn’t use HOPE marketing